Advertisement for a post of Research Associate in Indo-Australia joint project Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for one position of Research Associate in a DST sponsored Indo-Australia joint project in collaboration with University of Canberra, and National Centre for Environmental Toxicology, University of Queensland, Australia, on “Biomonitoring of pesticides in rivers and streams vis-a-vis ecological services and functions” for a period of two years.
• Eligibility criteria of the candidate is Ph. D in Environmental Science / Chemistry/ Life Science/ / Botany / Zoology.
• Desirable qualifications are as follows:
1. Experience in pesticide residue analysis in water, sediment and biota.
2. Experience in biomonitoring of stream and rivers using Macroinvertebrates.
3. Evidence of publication in SCI indexed journals.
• Scale of pay- Rs. 36000 per month + HRA Rs 3600= Rs. 39600
• Candidate must be ready to undertake travel in the study area in India, and Australia for training. The post is purely temporary and coterminous with the project.
Interested candidates may communicate by email with PI/Co-PI. They can also directly appear in a walk in interview on 7th August, 2015, at 2 PM, at the Dept of Ecology and Environmental Science, Assam University, Silchar-788011 with three copies of biodata and essential documents. No TA/DA will be paid for attending interview. Prof. Abhik Gupta (PI) [Email: firstname.lastname@example.org] Dr. Susmita Gupta (Co PI) [email@example.com] Dept. Of Ecology and Environmental Science, Assam University, Silchar - 788011, Assam