INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY DELHI
ADMISSION TO POSTGRADUATE/PH.D. PROGRAMMES 2016-2017 (1st Semester)
1. Ph.D.: Depts: Appl. Mech., Biochem. Engg. & Biotech., Chem. Engg., Chemistry, Civil Engg., Comp. Sci. & Engg., Elect. Engg., Hum. & Soc. Sci., Management Studies, Maths, Mech. Engg., Physics, Text. Tech. Centres : Appl. Res. in Electron., Atmos. Sci., Biomed. Engg., Energy Sudies, Ind. Tribology Machine Dynamics & Maint. Engg., Instr. Design & Dev., National Resources Centre for Value Education in Engineering, Polymer Sci. & Engg., Rural Dev. & Tech. Schools: Amar Nath and Shashi Khosla School of Information Technology, Bharti School of Telecommunication Technology and Management, Kusuma School of Biological Sciences. Interdisciplinary Research Programme: Transportation Research & Injury Prevention Programme
4. M. S. (Res.):- (1) Applied Mechanics (2) Chem. Engg. (3) Biochem. Engg. & Biotech. (4) Comp. Sc. & Engg. (5) Elect. Engg. (6) Mech. Engg. (7) Civil Engg.(8) Amar Nath and Shashi Khosla School of Information Technology (9) Bharti School of Telecommunication Technology and Management (10) School of Biological Sciences.
6. Eligibility : A CGPA of 6.75 for General/OBC(6.25 for SC/ST/PH) on a 10 point scale or equivalent or 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/ PH) in aggregate (of all the years/semesters of the qualifying exam.). A relaxation in CGPA/marks to 6.25 (55%) is also available to those with M.A. Degree in English, for admission to Ph.D. in English. For admission to FT Ph.D./M. Tech./M.S. (R) programme, the GATE Score of a candidate wherever required should not be lower than the minimum prescribed viz. 300 for General/OBC and 200 for SC/ST/ PH candidates. For admission to M. Des. Programme the candidates are required to have a valid CEED score. For sponsored/part-time candidates the minimum experience required as on 01.08.2016 is 2 years for Ph.D. and 1 year for M. Tech./M.S. (R). For details please refer to information brochure.
Note: (i) In respect of MA, M.Sc. and /or B.Tech. with 8.0 or above CGPA from IITs, qualification of a national exams. is waived off and (ii) students from CFTIs having CPI 7.00 (at 10.00 scale) at the end of 3rd year are also eligible with assistantship without qualifying GATE.
7. Application Procedure: Submission of Application is only through online. Candidates are NOT required to send hard copy of the application form and bank challan. Online submission of application form may be made by accessing the Institute website . Candidates belonging to General / OBC category are required to pay for each application form a fees of Rs. 200/- and the Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH categories are required to pay Rs.50/-. The bank charges will be borne by the candidate.
8. Financial Assistance available for FT Ph.D./M. Tech./M. Des./M.S. (R) Students as per details given in the Information Brochure. SC/ST students admitted to Postgraduate/Ph.D. Programmes are exempted from payment of tuition fee. Foreign nationals are not eligible to apply against this advertisement.
Submission of online Application commences on 09.03.2016 (12.00 Noon)
Last date for submission of online application and application fee 31.03.2016 (04.00 P.M.)
Submission of online Application commences on : 09.03.2016 (12.00 Noon)
Last date for submission of online application and : 31.03.2016 ( 04.00 P.M.)