The 1st Cryo Electron Microscopy and 3D Image Processing of Macromolecular Assemblies and Cellular Tomography (CEM3DIP)
Under MHRD Scheme on Global Initiative on Academic Network (GIAN)
The GIAN-CEM3DIP practical course will cover :
- 3D Electron Microscopy: History and Basic Principles
- Biological sample and specimen preparation methods for TEM
- TEM- principles, image formation , particle detection, Fourier Transform, Convolution, CTF, PSF, Resolution and FSC
- Image processing, Point group symmetries, Classification, Orientation and Heterogenity of particles
- Getting the first model using Conical Tilt and Projection Matching
- Single particle CryoEM and 3D reconstruction
- Challenges of in-situ structural biology
- Principles and applications of Cryo Tomography. Cellular Tomography and Subtomogram averaging.
- Refinement of atomic models against CryoEM maps, Flexible fitting, Validation, Assessment and Data deposition.
- Hybrid methods: Protein Crystallography, Computational methods and CryoEM
To apply for this workshop click here.
More Info: http://workshop.iisertvm.ac.in/cem3dip/