NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY DURGAPUR
Mahatma Gandhi Avenue,
Durgapur-713209, West Bengal
Admission to PhD program under Institute Research Scholar (with fellowship), and Full-time and Part-time (without fellowship) - Odd semester, 2016-17
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to Admission to PhD program under Institute Research Scholar (with fellowship), and Part-time and Full-time (without fellowship) - 2016-17, Odd semester in the following departments:
A. Institute Research Scholar (Full-time with fellowship):
Biotechnology (BT) – 4 Seats
B. Full-time and Part-time (without fellowship)
IMPORTANT DATES DATE OF PUBLICATION OF ADMISSION NOTICE - 27/05/2016
LAST DATE OF FORM SUBMISSION (ON-LINE) - 24/06/2016
LAST DATE OF FORM SUBMISSION (PRINTED COPY) - 30/06/2016
DATE OF PUBLICATION OF SHORTLIST ON THE WEBSITE - 08/07/2016
DATE OF ADMISSION TEST AND VIVA VOCE (IN RESPECTIVE DEPARTMENT) -14/07/2016-15/07/2016
PUBLICATION OF RESULTS ON THE WEBSITE - 19/07/2016
DATE OF ADMISSION - 25/07/2016 – 27/07/2016
There is a mandatory attendance requirement for all full-time PhD students during the program.
1. M. Tech./ M.E./ M. Arch/ M. Pharm / equivalent in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks in aggregate in the M. Tech./equivalent level from a recognized technical institute or university/ government open university
2. B. Tech/ B.E./ MCA/ B. Arch/ B. Pharm in relevant discipline with at least 7.5 CGPA or 70 percent marks in aggregate from a recognized technical institute or university/ government open university
3. MBA/ PGDBM/ PGDM in relevant discipline with at least 6.5 CGPA or 60 percent marks or equivalent in aggregate from a recognized institute or university/ government open university.
4. M. Sc./ M. Com./ MA/ MBBS/ BDS in relevant discipline with at least 6.0 CGPA or 55 percent marks or equivalent in aggregate from a recognized institute or university/ government open university
5. CA/ ICWAI/ CS with a graduation degree in any discipline with at least 55 percent marks or equivalent in aggregate.
6. The minimum CGPA/marks shall be relaxed by 0.5 CGPA or 5 percent in case of candidates belonging to the SC/ST/PwD categories
7. Qualification in GATE / CSIR-UGC NET / DBT or other admission tests conducted by Government of India agencies for admission to PhD programme is mandatory as per MHRD norm for candidates not having M. Tech./ M.E. degree for Sl. No. A and Sl. No. B (full- time).
8. Conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice versa given by individual Institute will not be considered/ allowed. Candidates will have to mention CGPA/Percentage as awarded by their University/Institute.
9. If the results of the last qualifying examination are not published yet, the qualifying marks are applicable till the last semester.
10. In case, result of qualifying degree is awaited, provisional admission is permitted to a student subject to meeting above minimum qualifying degree requirements latest by September 15, 2016. A certificate to that effect and Mark sheet/Grade card till pre-final semester should be submitted during document verification and selection process. Above eligibility is minimum requirement only. Good academic career and higher qualification will be preferred and mere eligibility shall not ensure a call for admission test and/or viva voce. A screening of applications will be made and only the short-listed candidates will be called for admission test and/or viva voce. All shortlisted candidates shall appear for the admission test. There shall be a further screening after the admission test. All clauses in the PhD regulations of the Institute, posted in the Institute website, shall be applicable for the admission process.
FINANCIAL SUPPORT Fellowship as per the present norms of MHRD, Government of India (vide letter no. F.17-2/2014-TS.I dated March 02, 2015) shall be available to all selected Institute sponsored PhD research scholars, depending on qualification.
APPLICATION Mode of application: Online (admission2016.nitdgp.ac.in)
Application Fee: Rs 1500 (Rs 1000 for SC/ST/PWD candidates)
No accommodation shall be provided during the admission test. The candidates may provisionally book journey tickets for admission test and admission in advance to avoid its non-availability after the publication of the lists.
The admission committee of the respective department is fully responsible for selection and their decision is final in the admission process. All clauses in the Ph. D. regulations of the Institute, posted in the Institute website, shall be applicable for the admission. Queries, if any, should be directed to respective departments.
No admit card will be sent and all information related to admission shall be communicated through the website. Visit www.nitdgp.ac.in regularly for announcements related to Ph. D. admission. The printed copy of the Application form must be sent through Speed Post only latest by June 30, 2016. Address for communication: Dean (Academic) PG & Research Cell, Academic Section National Institute Technology Durgapur Mahatma Gandhi Avenue Durgapur 713 209, West Bengal, India
More Info: http://admission2016.nitdgp.ac.in/