SREE CHITRA TIRUNAL INSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL SCIENCES AND TECHNOLOGY TRIVANDRUM
THIRUVANANTHAPURAM-695 011, KERALA
ADMISSION NOTIFICATION ADMISSION TO Ph.D. PROGRAMME (Only for JRF Fellowship Holders of UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/INSPIRE OR MPhil from SCTIMST)
Applications are invited from highly motivated students for admission to the Ph.D. programme beginning in August 2016 at Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum.
(1) Post-graduate degree in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science, Polymer chemistry/ Polymer sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Physiology, Zoology or any other branch of life sciences (excluding plant sciences and Bioinformatics). M.Tech in Polymer Engineering/Technology, M.Tech in Materials Science or Post graduate degree in Public Health, Cardiovascular Sciences, Neurosciences and Imaging & Interventional Radiology, Dentistry, Nursing, Veterinary Sciences, Social Sciences and Statistics or MBBS (The separate guidelines published in the Institute website for MBBS to Ph.D. programme stream may be referred before applying).
(2) JRF HOLDERS (UGC/CSIR/ICMR/DBT/INSPIRE). MPhil (Biomedical Technology) degree holders from SCTIMST can also apply though they will not be eligible for Institute fellowship. Available Areas of Specialties for August 2016 Session:
Molecular Genetics in Epilepsy/ Neurology Molecular Neurobiology
Non invasive brain stimulation using Transcranial magnetic stimulation in movement disorders
Cellular and molecular cardiology, focusing on the molecular biology of cardiac fibroblasts
Functional neuroimaging, magnetic resonance imaging, Medical image processing
Neurophysiology of sleep and Cognition, Neurobiology and interactome in neurological disease process.
Pediatric and preventive cardiology and cardiovascular epidemiology
Sexual and reproductive health, gender and health, health systems and social determinants of health.
General epidemiology, health systems and policy, diabetes epidemiology, mental health epidemiology
Gender and Public Health'
Experimental Pathology, Mammalian derived extracellular matrix for tissue engineering applications
Cell - Material interaction, Biocompatibility, stem cells and tissue engineering
Molecular biology and immune modulations in bacterial biofilms and microbial material cell interaction studies.
Study on microbial genomics and products
Nano/microparticulate oral peptide and gene delivery systems, nanomedicine towards solid tumor therapy.
Bioceramic scaffolds for bone regeneration and drug delivery.
'Biophotonics and Imaging" and specific area "Nano-biophotonics for imaging and therapy'
Bioactive polymer composites, radio opaque polymers, surface coating on medical devices, hydrogel systems, solubilized curcumin for medical applications
Biomedical materials and polymers for medical applications, Implant and medical devices, Tissue engineering
Minimum marks required to apply: Consistently good academic record with minimum 60% (GPA 6.5/10) marks in undergraduate and post graduate examinations. For applying for Ph.D. in medical specialties, the candidate must have minimum 55% marks in MBBS and other rules cited in the separate guidelines published in our website for MBBS to Ph.D. programme stream.
3 Individual with Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) obtained on the basis of a national level test (UGC,CSIR,ICMR,DBT) or INSPIRE or MPhil in Biomedical Technology from SCTIMST only need apply and selection will be based on Interview.
NOTE: (a) The application has to be submitted online using our Website: http://www.sctimst.ac.in
The cost of application form is Rs.1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only) (For SC/ST candidates Rs.800/-) online payment only. Any fee paid once will not be refunded. (b) Hard copy of the duly signed online application form along with prescribed fee by online payment with copies of relevant documents, online payment receipt etc should reach Division of Academic Affairs before the last date. Envelope should be superscribed “APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO Ph.D PROGRAMME-2016 (JRF FELLOW/MPhil from SCTIMST ONLY)”.
(c) Important dates:
1. Last date of receipt of completed application form by online : 30-06-2016
2. Last date of receipt of hard copy of the application with enclosures : 05-07-2016
3. Downloading admit cards : 20-07-2016
4. Date of Interview : 28-07-2016
5. Venue: N.H.Wadia Conference Hall, AMC, 5TH Floor, SCTIMST, Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram-695011.
Candidates found eligible for admission will be intimated and their names will also be displayed in the Institute website. Apply to : The Deputy Registrar Division of Academic Affairs Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology Thiruvananthapuram-695011 Kerala, India Contact Nos : (0471) 2524269, 2524649 and 2524140 Email Id : email@example.com
For more information, please refer to the Ph.D Manual, Ph.D course work, guidelines for MBBS to Ph.D programme stream and List of approved Ph.D guides available in the Institute website www.sctimst.ac.in