(An Autonomous Institution of Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change, Government of India)
P.O. Box # 18, Chandrabani,
Dehra Dun - 248 001
WALK-IN-INTERVIEW FOR ENGAGING PROJECT FELLOWS
The Wildlife Institute of India (www.wii.gov.in) provides a range of technical services to the Central and State Government on matters relating to biodiversity and wildlife conservation. A UNESCO Category 2 Centre on World Natural Heritage Management and Training for the Asia - Pacific Region at the Wildlife Institute of India (WII) has been recently established to strengthen the implementation of UNESCO’s World Heritage Convention in the Asia-Pacific region with particular focus on natural heritage conservation. As a part of its activities, the Wildlife Institute of India, Dehradun invites application for Walk-in-interview for engaging Project Fellow (two positions) for developing Assam State Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (ASBSAP) purely on contractual basis for a period of eleven months. The EQ, DQ and other details of the posts are as under:-
1 Engagement Positions Project Fellow - (Two positions)
2 Duration 11 Months
3 Location of Project Site Assam
4 Funding Agency Government of Assam
5 Date/Month of Initiation of Project August, 2016
6 Essential Qualification (EQ) Masters’ Degree in Zoology/ Wildlife Science / Ecology / Forestry / Social Science with a minimum of one year of research experience.
7 Desirable Qualification (DQ) Research experience in biodiversity, socio-economic and wildlife research, especially in Assam landscape. Ability to speak Assamese and conduct ecological and socio-economic research in tough field conditions.
8 Description of Job
1. Conduct field research for primary data collection on various aspects of biodiversity in Assam.
2. Coordinate meetings and PRA exercises with the local village communities and organize stakeholder consultations.
3. Collect geospatial data / take up ground-truthing in selected areas of Assam.
4. Desktop review of literature related to biodiversity of Assam and assist in preparation of report.
5. Liaison between the field officials of Assam Forest Department, Assam State Biodiversity Board and Core Project Team of C2C.
9 Emoluments Rs. 15,000/- per month (plus admissible allowance )
10 Age Not exceeding 35 years as on the date of interview.
1. The candidates should report by 0930 hrs. for scrutiny of documents on 25th July 2016 followed by an Interview on the same day from 1430 hrs onwards. No accommodation will be provided for the candidates appearing for interview. Candidates currently residing in remote areas of India (especially northeast India) can appear in interview online through video conference/ skype. Such candidates must post attested copies of their EQ and DQ qualifications on or before 20th July 2016 for scrutiny at UNESCO C2C WII. Only shortlisted candidates will be allowed to participate through video conference/ skype on 25th July, 2016 afternoon. 2. Candidates attending in-person, should bring the duly filled -in application with attested true copies of testimonials of educational qualifications along with certificate of extracurricular activities, date of birth, mark sheets of all examinations etc. All original documents /certificates must be produced at the time of registration for necessary verification. 3. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. 4. The application form can be downloaded from the Institute’s website www.wii.gov.in The Director, WII, reserves the right to reject any candidature in view of incomplete information provided by the candidate or for any other reason thereof.
More Info : http://www.wii.gov.in/Advt_ASBSAP