ICRISAT invites applications from dynamic and young Indian nationals for the position of National Project Coordinator – Biodiversity. This position is based at Delhi, India. This position reports to Project Coordinator.
ICRISAT is a non-profit organization that helps empower poor people in the rural drylands of Africa and Asia to overcome poverty, hunger and malnutrition, through making agriculture profitable and sustainable. We achieve this through scientific advancements and working in partnership. ICRISAT, established in 1972 is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
The National Project Coordinator will :
- Serve as the overall manager of project activities in India
- Provide technical and administrative leadership to the national project team and act as the national representative of the project at regional and international levels;
- Observe agreed project management procedures in order to facilitate project implementation and ensure delivery of high quality outcomes
- prepare national work plans and annual updates including national budget allocations, In consultation with local partners
- Facilitate communications and linkages at local national and regional levels as well as with the Project Director (PD)
- Organize and participate in National Project Steering Committee (NPSC) and any other required national meetings, draft the agenda, and record decisions of national meetings
- Coordinate work among the Project Management Unit (PMU) staff and the national teams
- Manage the project budget in accordance with the agreed work plan and approved disbursal of project funds, taking into account the decisions of the local and national steering committees
- Develop terms of reference of sub-contractors and assist in conducting procedures for initiating subcontracts
- Assist the PD in developing monitoring reports
- Provide timely biannual, annual progress and financial reports to Bioversity International
- Promote public relations of the project in the country
- Maintain good communication with project partners and secure additional finances, including availing of opportunities for private sector co-financing, for the approved work plan as necessary
- Coordinate country provision of committed in-kind and in-cash contributions for the project.
- Coordinate the national scientific and technical team
- Coordinate and contribute to the preparation of generic tools and resources for project partner organizations
- Coordinate and contribute to the preparation and publication of national scientific and technical outputs from the Project
- Organize national technical and scientific meetings as appropriate
- Provide technical training and capacity building in relevant technical areas where appropriate
- Identify suitable national technical and scientific experts to provide backstopping to the Project
- Advanced university degree (Ph.D. or Master’s) in biodiversity conservation, agricultural or plant science, or horticulture
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in administration/management of international projects including financial and human resources
- Experience in facilitating meetings or discussions
- Experience with GEF policies and procedures including log frames and similar project planning tools
- Experience with working with regional and international partners
- Strong interpersonal, communications skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of diverse cultural and national backgrounds and work with senior government officials, research institutes, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and local communities.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently within country and to partner countries
This is a position in a Scientific and Managerial group (SMG Cadre) for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 11-September-2016, with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.