Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Tirupati
Institute under the Ministry of Human Resources Development,
Government of India
Mentored by Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune
ADVT. NO.: 10/2016
IISER Tirupati is the sixth Institute in the chain of IISERs established by the Government of India under the Ministry of HRD for imparting quality education in basic sciences and set up state-of-art research facilities for front line and cutting edge research in science. IISER Tirupati is currently being mentored by IISER Pune and its academic activity has started in August 2015.
IISER Tirupati invite applications for faculty positions in disciplines of Biology, Chemistry, Earth & Climate Science, Mathematics and Physics from Indian nationals possessing excellent academic record and relevant work experience.
Qualification: A Ph.D. in appropriate field with first class or equivalent in an appropriate branch with a very good academic record throughout and at least three years of teaching/industrial/research experience, excluding however, the experience gained while pursuing PhD. High quality publications in journals of international repute are essential.
Qualification: A Ph.D. in appropriate field with consistent first class or equivalent in the appropriate branch with a good academic record throughout and a minimum of six years teaching/industry/research experience of which at least three years should be at the level of Assistant Professor. Experience in teaching at undergraduate level is desirable.
Scale of Pay:
|Position||Pay Band||Pay in the Pay Band||Academic grade Pay|
|Associate Professor||PB-4||Rs. 42,800||Rs. 9,500|
|Assistant Professor||PB-3||Rs. 30,000||Rs. 8,000|
Note: Pay will be admissible as per 7th Pay Commission to be implemented by MHRD
GENERAL INFORMATION / DETAILS ABOUT POST
1. Above posts are as per the Central Government pay scale and carry allowances like House Rent, Transport and Children 's Education as admissible to Central Government employees of the respective scale posted in Tirupati.
2. Above posts will be covered under New Pension Scheme of Government of India and incumbent will be eligible for other benefits like Medical, LTC, etc,. as per the Government / Institute norms.
3. The qualification prescribed, should have been obtained from recognized Universities / Institution.
4. Reservation for PWD is as per Government of India norms and is admissible only for those who suffer from not less than 40% disability.
5. Application from the candidates working in Government Departments, CFTIs, Central Universities, Public Sector Undertakings and Government Funded Research Agencies must be sent through proper channel to Director, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) Pune, Dr. Homi Bhabha Road, Pune 411008, Maharashtra. However, the applicants must also apply online before the last date, clearly indicating that they are applying for consideration on direct recruitment / deputation. Pay and allowances of such incumbents may be protected as per Government of India rules.
6. Applicants from Central/State Governments/Universities/Recognized Research Institutes or Institutes of National importance or Government Laboratories holding analogous post, possessing relevant educational qualification and experience may apply for deputation.
7. The prescribed Essential Qualifications / Experience indicated are bare minimum and mere possession of same will not entitle the candidates to be called for interview. Where number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all the applicants. The Institute may restrict the number of applicants to be called for selection process to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the prescribed minimum.
8. Relaxation in educational qualification and / or experience may be considered in case of exceptionally meritorious candidates, with prior approval of the Competent Authority.
9. Higher basic pay with emoluments may be offered to exceptionally qualified and/or deserving applicants with higher experience.
10. The shortlisted candidates for the next steps of selection process will be initiated individually by email.
11. No interim enquiries / correspondence / communication of any sort will be entertained on the matter.
12. Canvassing in any form and / or bringing any influence, political, or otherwise, will be treated as a disqualification for the post applied for.
13. The online form is the only way in which applications will be accepted. Please DO NOT send hard copies or emails which will not be acknowledged.
14. Institute reserves the right to defer or cancel the advertisement at any stage of processing without assigning any reasons. 15.The appointment for the Faculty positions will be as per the IISER Statutes.
Please apply through the online portals as mentioned below. If you wish to apply to multiple disciplines, please submit separate forms.
Biology: Click here
Maths: Click here
Physics: Click here
Earth & Climate Science: Kindly send your detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Forms will be active from 9.00 am (Indian Standard Time) of 15-Aug-2016 to 5.00 pm (Indian Standard Time) of 14-Sep-2016.