Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad
Kandi campus, Sangareddy -502285 Telangana
We invite candidates to attend a walk-in interview for the post Biological/Chemical Safety Officer (No. of Posts: One Project Staff) at Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad. Key duties of this officer will include:
Working with faculty to obtain BSL/IBSC/Stem cell certification from national agencies Documenting biological and chemical safety guidelines for the institute
Coordinating waste removal from laboratories
Organizing safety programs for students, and conducting safety evaluations for new research staff
Maintaining a central MSDS database as well as a record of biosafety levels in different laboratories
Biological/Chemical Safety Officer
No. of Post One
Period of Appointment The appointment will be initially for a period of 3 months and renewed based on performance
Remuneration INR 35000/- pm (at the level of senior research fellow including HRA)
1. M.Sc (First-class in Biotechnology, Biochemistry and related areas) or M.Tech (First-class in Biotechnology, Chemical engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science and related areas)
2. At least two years (for M.Tech) and three years (for M.Sc) of hands-on experience working with hazardous chemicals (e.g., organic solvents) and any biological agents (e.g., bacteria, mammalian cells)
3. Excellent working knowledge of biological and chemical safety hazards, including storage/use/disposal guidelines
4. Excellent communication skills (oral and written) Age Limit 40 years Desirable Experience with carcinogenic reagents, recombinant DNA technology, stem cell culture and molecular biology assays.
1. Interested applicants should email full CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with email subject as: Biosafety officer at IITH E-mails with any other subject line will NOT be entertained. 2. Candidates should appear in person on 20th September 2016 (Tuesday) at 2.00 PM with self-attested copies of certificates for verifying essential qualifications and DOB proof. 3. The interview will be held in Block A, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, Kandi campus. 4. No TA/DA will be paid to the candidates for appearing in the interview.