ICRISAT invites applications from Indian nationals for the post of Scientist -Entomology to be based at Patancheru, Telangana, India.
ICRISAT is a non-profit, apolitical, international organization for science-based agricultural development. Established in 1972, it is an Alliance of centers of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR), and supported by more than 48 governments, foundations, and development banks. To reduce poverty, enhance crop productivity and food security and to protect the environment, ICRISAT research focuses on farming systems and crop improvement, management and utilization of sorghum, pearl millet, pigeon pea, chickpea, and groundnut in the semi-arid tropics.
- Plan and manage R&D on globally important insect pests of grain legumes and cereals of ICRISAT mandate cops to address the knowledge gap.
- Plan and conduct studies on insect biology, population dynamics and insect-host plant interactions to design IPM for cereals\grain legume production systems.
- Work in close collaboration with scientists in other disciplines to develop insect resistant cultivars for pest management.
- Evaluation of germplasm, breeding lines, mapping populations, and transgenic plants for insect resistance in cereals/ grain legumes.
- Develop project proposals for donor funding.
- PhD in Entomology with more than three years of experience in working on insect biology, insect rearing, techniques to screen for insect resistance, biochemical and molecular mechanisms of insect plant interactions, and pest management.
- High proficiency in communication skills, and a proven record of communicating research in journals of international repute.
- Ability to write projects for funding by the donor agencies.
- Should be a good team player and have experience working in multicultural team.
This is a position in a Scientific and Managerial group (SMG Cadre) for three years, renewable based on the performance of the incumbent and the Institute’s continuing need for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 28-December-2016, with a letter of motivation, latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.