23 March 2017
NOTIFICATION AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH SERVICE (ARS) EXAMINATION – 2016
in combination with
NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST (NET-I) – 2017
1. The Agricultural Scientists Recruitment Board (ASRB) will hold a combined ARS- 2016 (Preliminary) and NET (I)-2017 Examination during 16.05.2017 to 21.05.2017 in Online mode at 23 Centres across India in a staggered slot-wise examination format as per the Rules and Scheme of Examination indicated in this notification. The ARS-2016 (Mains) Examination will be conducted on 08.07.2017. Candidates are advised to read the notification carefully before filling the Online Application Form.
The ARS (Preliminary) Examination is a qualifying examination and its marks will not be carried forward for determining final merit of the candidates. All those candidates desirous of appearing for ARS Examination are required to take both the Preliminary and Mains Examination and viva-voce. Since a pass in the Preliminary Examination is compulsory for all candidates, only those candidates who qualify the ARS-2016 (Preliminary) Examination as per standards given in Appendix-VII will be eligible to appear in the ARS-2016 (Mains) Examination. Candidates declared successful in ARS- 2016 (Mains) Examination and viva-voce will be recommended for appointment as Scientists in Agricultural Research Service (ARS) of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) in the Pay Band-III of Rs.15,600 -39,100 plus Research Grade Pay of ₹ 6,000/-.
National Eligibility Test (NET) is a qualifying examination for determining eligibility for the position of Lecturer/Assistant Professor in the State Agricultural Universities (SAUs) and other Agricultural Universities (AUs). Candidates clearing the National Eligibility Test will be eligible to apply for the post of Lecturers or Assistant Professors in the SAUs/AUs. NET certificates will be issued by the ASRB to the qualified candidates to enable them to apply against vacancies to be notified or advertised by the State Agricultural Universities/Agricultural Universities. SAUs/AUs will satisfy themselves with regard to fulfilment of prescribed eligibility condition/criterion for requisite posts of Lecturers/Assistant Professors including authenticity of the NET Certificate in the possession of the candidates.
2. CENTRES:- The centres where the combined Preliminary ARS-2016 and NET (I)-2017 Examination will be conducted in Online Computer Based Test (CBT) mode are mentioned in Appendix-I. The Centres where the ARS Mains Examination -2016 will be conducted in conventional Paper and Pen mode, are mentioned in Appendix-II. The Centres and date(s) of holding the Examinations as mentioned above could be changed at the discretion of ASRB. Candidates must select the centres of examination(s) carefully. No request for change of centre would be entertained. 2
3. VACANCIES FOR ARS-2016 The number of vacancies in ARS-2016 under various disciplines are given in Appendix-III. The number of vacancies is tentative and may increase or decrease.
4. RULES OF EXAMINATION The Rules of the ARS Examination and NET Examination are given in Appendix-IV and Appendix-V respectively. The candidate must read the Rules of examination carefully before filling up the Online Application form.
5. PRESCRIBED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS For ARS-2016: A candidate must hold a Master’s Degree or equivalent in the concerned discipline with specialization as defined in Appendix-VI, completed on or before 08.07.2017. For details, please refer to Rule 3 of Rules of the Examination given in Appendix-IV.
The candidates having Master’s degree from a foreign University must attach a certificate of equivalence and recognition of that degree issued by the University Grants Commission/ Government of India / any other concerned Government of India / Department or Agency. Candidates who have appeared at an examination, the passing of which would render them eligible to appear at the ARS-2016 Examination but have not been informed of the results, may apply for admission to the ARS – 2016 Examination.
Candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying examination may also apply. Such candidates will be admitted to the ARS – 2016 Mains Examination, if otherwise eligible but their admission would be purely provisional. These candidates are required to submit the self-attested copies of the documents/certificates in support of their candidature by 24.07.2017 failing which their interview call letter (through e-mail) shall be withheld.
For NET (I)-2017
A candidate must possess a Master’s degree or equivalent in the concerned Discipline and specialization completed on or before 08.07.2017 from any Indian University incorporated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or he/she must have qualification from a foreign University recognized as equivalent by the Government of India (GoI). The list of Disciplines and its prescribed educational qualifications are as given in APPENDIX – VI.
6. AGE LMIT:-
For ARS-2016 A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years but not have attained the age of 32 years as on 01.01.2017. Age relaxation is admissible to the various categories as per Rule 2 of the Rules of the Examination as given in APPENDIX –IV.
For NET (I)-2017 A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years as on 01.01.2017. There is no upper age limit for the National Eligibility Test. 3
7. NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS
For ARS - 2016
(a) The number of attempts for appearing in the Agricultural Research Service Examination will be limited to SIX for Unreserved category candidates (whether M.Sc./Ph.D.) including the in-service candidates of I.C.A.R. However, this restriction will not apply to SC and ST candidates who are otherwise eligible. The number of attempts for Other Backward Classes category and Divyang (belonging to General/OBC category) candidates will be NINE.
Note-I :- The number of attempts made by the candidates prior to Agricultural Research Service examination 2011 will not be taken into account for counting the number of attempts made. Attempt means that the candidate must have appeared for the Examination.
Note-II :- An attempt at a Preliminary Examination shall be deemed to be an attempt at the Examination. Notwithstanding the disqualification/cancellation of candidature, the fact of appearance of the candidate at the examination will count as an attempt. (b) Restrictions on applying for the Examination:- “A candidate who has already qualified ARS examination (finally selected) in the earlier year will not be eligible to compete in the subsequent examinations conducted by ASRB for the same discipline in which he/she has earlier qualified. However, there is no bar to reappear for an ARS selected candidate in the subsequent ARS examination in a discipline different than the one in which he/she has already qualified".
For NET (I) - 2017 There is no restriction on number of attempts for appearing in the National Eligibility Test.
8. APPLICATION FEE: - Details of Application fee to be paid: S. No. Category of candidate For ARS- 2016 Only (₹) For NET (I)-2017 Only (₹) Both for ARS-2016 and NET(I)-2017 (₹) 1 Unreserved (UR) 500/- 1000/- 1500/- 2 Other Backward Class (OBC) 500/- 500/- 1000/- 3 Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Divyang / Women NIL 250/- 250/- OBC candidates whose caste is not listed in Central List (as available on National Commission for Backward Classes website www.ncbc.nic.in) and who are not covered under the provisions as applicable to OBC-Non Creamy Layer (NCL) candidates, shall be treated as General Category candidates for all purposes. Accordingly, OBC Candidates not belonging to OBC Non-Creamy Layer shall indicate their category as ‘General’. 4 Transaction charges for Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking payment, as the case may be, have to be borne by the candidate. The fee must be paid online through the online application form available on the website: http://www.asrb.org.in only. i. For Online payment : Payment can be made through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking from any Bank from 1000 hrs on 22.03.2017 – 1700 hrs on 15.04.2017. ii. For payment through challan only: Payment using the online Challan generated can be made during banking hours in any of the branches of the Syndicate Bank (list of the branches of Syndicate Bank can be obtained from the Branch locator link on : http://www.syndicatebank.in). The candidates submitting the online application form on the last day of the registration will not be able to deposit the amount with any branch of Syndicate Bank after closing of banking hours. Accordingly, such candidates are advised to use other mode for payment of application fee.
9. PLAN OF EXAMINATION:- For ARS-2016 The Detailed Plan of Examination is given in APPENDIX- VII. For NET (I)-2017
The Detailed Plan of Examination is given in APPENDIX- VIII.
10. HOW TO APPLY:- A candidate seeking admission to the Examination must apply online in the prescribed Application Form available on the website: http://www.asrb.org.in. Important Instructions to the candidates for filling online application are given in Annexure-I. A candidate must read the provisions, contained in this Notification for Combined ARS-2016 and NET(I) -2017 Examination carefully and abide by the same. A candidate must fulfil all the conditions of eligibility regarding age limits, educational qualifications, etc. prescribed for admission to the examination. The online Application process will be opened from 1000 Hrs on 22.03.2017 to 1700 Hrs on 15.04.2017 after which the link will automatically get disabled. The candidates are not required to attach copy of any of the documents /certificates in support of their candidature at the time of submission of online application. The candidates in their own interest must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the examination. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the Board at any stage, including after declaration of result, their candidature shall be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action. Due care should be taken by the candidates to fill up their application form. No request for change in any field i.e., Centre of Examination, Discipline, Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, E-mail Id, Mobile No., Phone No., Category, Medium of Examination etc. will be considered under any circumstances except bonafide spelling mistakes etc. Candidates are therefore advised to be very careful while filling up their application forms.
More Info : http://asrb.org.in/ars-16-net-17