University of Hyderabad
Prof. C.R. Rao Road, Gachibowli, PO., Central University,
ADMISSION ANNOUNCEMENT 2012-13
The University of Hyderabad invites bright, aspiring students committed to excellence to apply for admission to various postgraduate courses and research programmes through an All-India entrance examination. The University offers, subject to availability, hostel facility to the students ad mittedtoany of its regular programmes of study.
COURSES/ PROGRAMMES OFFERED:
M.A. and M.Sc. (5-year Integrated) Courses: (10 Semesters) (after +2 education) in Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences.
M.Sc. Systems Biology
PG Courses: (4/8 semesters)(after 10+2+3 education) in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Performing Arts, Fine Arts, Art History, Communication, Business Administration in Health Care and Hospital Management, Health Psychology, Master of Computer Applications.
M.Sc. Plant Biology & Biotechnology
M.Sc. Molecular Microbiology
M.Sc. Animal Biotechnology
Adv. PG Diploma and P.G Diploma: (2 semesters) in Folk Culture Studies, Mineral Explorations Health Fitness and Life Style Management and Health Communication.
M.Tech. Programmes: (4 semesters):, in Computer Science, Artificial intelligence, Information Technology (CS/AI/IT), Computational Techniques, integrated Circuit Technology, Bioinformatics and Mineral Exploration.
Int. M.Sc /Ph.D. Biotechnology
M.Phil. Programmes: (2 semesters) in Humanities and Social Sciences.
Ph.D. Programmes: (2-5 years) in Sciences, Humanities and Social, fences. Integrated M.Tech./Ph.D. Materials Engineering, Nano Science and Technology and Integrated M.Sc/Ph.D. Biotechnology.
Ph.D. Plant Sciences
Ph.D. Animal Sciences
Centres for the entrance examinations: Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Ananthapot'Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Brfbpai, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Dajiapur, (pwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kadapa, Karimnagar, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nellore, Nizamabad, Patna, Pune, Ranchi, Raipur, Shillong, Srinagar, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam VTzianagaram and Warangal. The University reserves the right to cancel any of the examination centres and allot another centre closer to the centre cancelled.
General Information: Detailed information is given in the Prospectus-cum-Application Form 2012-13 which is available on the University's website and also at www.schools9.com , www.indiaresults.com and www.manabadi.com . Printed copies are not available with the University for sale. Candidates who are appearing in the final examination of the qualifying degree and expecting their results and certificates before 31st July 2012 are also eligible to apply.
Reservation of seats: Reservation of seats shall be as per the GOI/UGC norms tor SC/ST/OBC/PWD/Wards/Dependants of defence personnel/Kashmiri migrants/ Foreign Nationals/NRIs. Few seats are also provided to the nominees from some UT/NE states. Relaxation in the prescribed percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination is also provided for SC/ST/PWD categories.
Entrance Examination fee (Separate application is required for each course/programme): For General & OBC Category Rs.300/- For SC/ST/PWD Category Rs.125/-
How to apply:
1) The Prospectus-cum-Application Forms can be downloaded from the University website or other websites as stated at the para "General Information." Filled in applications should be submitted to the University along with the Entrance Examination fee in the form of a demand draft of Rs. 300/- for each course in the case of General/OBC category and Rs. 125/- for each course in the case of SC/ST/PWD categories.
2) Xerox copies of Application Forms along with the instructions to fill the application form can be obtained in person from the Academic Section, Office of the Controller of Examinations, University Campus, Hyderabad free of cost to a limited extent.
3) The Demand Draft (towards the entrance examination fee should be drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, University of Hyderabad, on State Bank of India, Hyderabad Central University Campus Branch, Hyderabad (Code 5916) or on Andhra Bank, Nampaliy Branch, Hyderabad (Code 378).
4) The duly filled in applications are to be submitted in person at the Academic Section or by post to the Dy. Registrar (Acad. & Exams)
Last date for the receipt of filled-in Application Forms 04-05-2012
Downloading of Hall Tickets from 21-05-2012
Dales of Entrance Examinations 01-06-2012 to 07-06-2012
Hall Tickets, Information to shortlised candidates for interview and selected/wait-listed candidates will not be communicated by post. It is the responsMiity of the candidates to check the University website for downloading the Hall Tickets, results and the relevant formats required for admission. The University will not be held responsiblr for communication of the same.
1. Applications received after the last date will not be accepted. University will not be held responsible for any postal delay.
2. Admission enquiries: 040-23132102,23132103
Advertisement/Application Form www.uohyd.ac.in/images/pdf/uoh-pros.pdf