ICAR - CENTRAL TUBER CROPS RESEARCH INSTITUTE
(Indian Council of Agricultural Research)
Thiruvananthapuram 695 017, Kerala
Project Title : CRP on diagnostics and vaccines
Post : Senior Research Fellow - One No.
Salary: RS 28,000 per month with 20% HRA with NET qualifications or Rs 16,000 per
month with 20% HRA with out NET qualification other than professional degree
Essential and Education Qualifications:
1. Post graduate degree in Basic Sciences with NET qualification from CISIR/ UGC/ ICAR/ ICMR or Post graduate degree in professional course (4+2 stream) with or without NET
2. Two years of research experience in the relevant field.
3. M. Sc. (Ag) Plant Pathology (Or) M. Sc. (Ag) Biotechnology or Ph.D. in Plant Pathology or Ph.D. in Agricultural Biotechnology or any postgraduate degree in Biological sciences
4. M. Sc., virology (or) Biotechnology with first class or Ph.D. in Biotechnology
Desirable Qualifications: 1. Minimum one year Practical Experience in Handling Plant viruses
2. Practical experience in handling DNA, RNA and Protein and techniques related
3. Knowledge and experience in usage of computer, database, MS office.
Job description : Cloning of viral genome, preparation diagnostic kit, routine diagnosis
Age Limit: : not more than 35 years for men and 40 years for women as on 01.11. 2015 (Relaxation in age limit is admissible for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per rules)
Interested candidates may attend the Walk in Interview (written test & interview) at ICAR -CTCRI at 10.00 a.m. on 3rd November 2015 along with their Biodata (furnishing name, permanent address, photograph affixed, and date of birth, qualification and experience) with attested copies of certificate and two testimonials. Original certificates should be produced at the time of interview. No TA/DA shall be given for attending the interview. The post is for till March 2017 or co-terminus with the project, which ever is earlier.