20 January 2016
MACS-AGHARKAR RESEARCH INSTITUTE
PUNE – 411004
ADVT/RecT/01/2016 INTERVIEW FOR TEMPORARY POSITION OF JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW (1) IN THE BIOENERGY GROUP
1. Position/s & No. Junior Research Fellow (1) under Sponsored Project SERB-DST
2. Funding Agency, Title, Period of the Project & Post Code SERB – DST Sponsored Project "Exploring the diversity of lignocellulose degrading thermophilic anaerobic bacteria from Indian hot springs for bioenergy applications" (SP-249) Period up to – November 2018 Post Code: SP/249/JRF
3. Group/ Division Bioenergy Group
4. Qualifications Essential: B.Sc./M.Sc 1st class in Microbiology / Biotechnology Desirable (1)CSIR-UGC NET or ICAR-NET or GATE Qualification (2) Hands on experience in anaerobic/molecular biology techniques
5. Monthly stipend Rs.25,000/- + HRA (JRF)
6. Age limit 28 years, relaxation by 5 years for SC, ST and female & 3 years for OBC candidates.
7. Last date for receipt of application 1st February 2016
8. Display the short list of candidates for interview Will be displayed on Institute website by 5th February 2016and/ or, candidates will be informed through e-mail.
9. Day, Date & time of Interview Thursday, 11th February 2016 at 10:00 a.m.
Note: No T.A. is admissible for attending interview and selected candidate will have no right for appointment against any ARI or funding agency’s post/s. In case of non-availability of qualified JRF, candidates having M.Sc. degree in the above subjects with at least 55% marks may be considered for Research Studentship @ Rs.23000/- (fixed) p.m.
Candidates fulfilling above conditions may apply in the prescribed format available on the Institute’s website http://www.aripune.org., along with self-attested copies of qualifications, certificates, Passport size photograph, caste certificate issued by competent authority (for reserved category) and application fee of Rs.50/-, payable by Demand Draft only in favor of Agharkar Research Institute, Pune, by 1st February 2016. The prescribed essential qualifications are bare minimum and mere possession of same will not entitle the candidate to be called for interview.
In case number of applications received in response to the advertisement is large, it may not be convenient or possible for the Institute to interview all the candidates. The Institute may restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable limit, on the basis of qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.