- Oversee the routine animal husbandry and welfare activities of animal care takers/support staff and students.
- Assist Veterinarian in providing orientation and training of new students/animal users/care taker staff in proper use of Animal facility, humane handling of animals, implement the SOP’sand assist on-going research work.
- Training and Assisting the users in surgical procedures, anaesthesia, analgesia, breeding and maintenance of animal colonies; weaning, sexing, tail biopsies for genotyping, producing timed pregnant females, packing live animal shipments for export, receiving live animal shipments, quarantine procedures, euthanasia etc.
- Assist Veterinarian in the process of import and export of live laboratory animals, quarterly animal health monitoring programs, organizing animal ethics committee meetings.
- Record keeping as per CPCSEA guidelines.
- Animal Facility is an essential service, so selected Facility Assistant must be ready to work in shifts (if required), as per Veterinarian’s instructions.
21 January 2016
FACILITY ASSISTANTS – Animal Facility – 2 Posts
Qualification & Experience: BE/B.Tech/M.Pharma/Masters in any biological sciences discipline with minimum one year of experience in Laboratory animal management.
Preference will be given to those with good experience and expertise in health and genetic monitoring techniques. Experience in handling laboratory mice and rats are desirable with excellent organization, recordkeeping, and communication skills are essential.
Age Limit: Below 28 years
The selected candidates will be required to join immediately. In deserving cases salary will not be constraint for candidates with higher qualification and relevant experience. The Institute reserves the right to relax the age, qualification and experience at its discretion.
Interested candidates may attend Walk-in-Interview at NCBS/TIFR, GKVK, Bellary Road, Bangalore between 9.00 a.m. to 10.00 a.m. on Saturday , 23rd January 2016 along with their CV with true copies of relevant certificates/ testimonials in support of their qualifications, experience etc
More Info : https://www.ncbs.res.in/jobportal/node/681