School of Animal Biotechnology
Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
Ludhiana 141004 (Punjab)
Applications on plain paper are invited for the temporary post of One Junior Research Fellow (JRF), for a period of six months (extendable for next term) under the DBT, Govt. of India funded research project as per details mentioned below.
Name of the Project
Qualifications and Job responsibilities
“TLR-Ligands: To Design Novel Vaccines Adjuvants Against New Castle Disease in Indigenous Chicken”
JRF- 01 post.
The JRF emoluments shall be Rs. 18,000/- + HRA for the first two years and Rs. 20000/- + HRA for the third year for SRF and applicable only if JRF or SRF is professional degree qualified. The JRF emoluments shall be Rs. 16000/- + HRA for the first two years and Rs. 18000/- + HRA for the 3rd year for SRF and applicable only if JRF or SRF is NET/GATE/ BET/ BINC qualified, otherwise it shall be Rs. 12000/- + HRA or the first two years for JRF and Rs. 14000/- + HRA for the 3rd year for SRF. If JRF is NET qualified for lecturership, he/she will be entitled Rs. 12000/- + HRA for the first two years for JRF and Rs. 14000 + HRA for the 3rdyear for SRF.
1. B.V.Sc. & AH/B.V.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in any relevant branch of Life Sciences/Biological Sciences with at least second class.
2. M.V.Sc. in Animal Biotechnology/Vety. Biotech-nology/Vety. Biochemistry/Vety. Microbiology/ Vety. Pathology / Vety. Epidemiology/ Molecular Biology & Biotechnology or M.Sc. in Animal Biotechnology/ Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics/ Biochemistry/ Microbiology/ Medical Microbiology or any other relevant branch of Life Science/Biological Sciences and having at least 65% marks or an OCPA of 6.50 out of 10 or equivalent. Preference will be given to the candidates with research experience.
3. Preference will be given to the candidates having experience of working (supported by research publication and work-experience certificates of minimum of two months) in the areas of: functional genomics (Real Time PCR), ELISA, bioinformatics, with experience of handling chicken/laboratory animals for research purpose (i.e. as an experimental animal).
4. Candidate should have cleared metric level Punjabi examination. The candidates without knowledge of Punjabi may be considered/appointed provided no suitably qualified/experienced candidate with knowledge of Punjabi is available.
1. Research duties pertaining to the project and assigned by the P.I.
2. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the PI.
The eligible candidates should send an application and a brief biodata mentioning their qualifications and experience (on A4 size paper). The applications should carry attested copy of the certificates and a recent passport size photograph.The application should clearly mention the name of the project for which the candidate is applying. The completed applications in all respect should reach this office by 29.02.2016 (The Twenty Ninth of February, Two Thousand and Sixteen). The candidates should have to appear for an interview on 01.03.2016 (The First of March, Two Thousand and Sixteen) at 10.00 am in the office of the undersigned. The candidates should also bring their original certificates with them for verification. No separate interview letter will be sent. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. The appointment will be purely on temporary basis and subject to termination with the completion of the project.