Institute of Forest Genetics & Tree Breeding
Coimbatore – 641 002
It is proposed to conduct a Walk-in-Interview on 27.04.2016 at 9.00 AM to select candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellows for the following research projects purely on temporary (contract) basis. Interested/eligible candidates are requested to attend the walk-in-interview on the above date at Institute of Forest Genetics & Tree Breeding, R.S. Puram, Coimbatore – 641 002 (Tamil Nadu).
Junior Research Fellow:
01 “Documentation of population demography and genetic structure of teak for developing sustainable conservation strategies and resource management” PI: Dr. R. Yasodha, Scientist-F (one)
Essential: 1st Class Master Degree in Plant Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry with NET/DBT-BET category-II qualified. or 1st Class Master Degree in Plant Sciences/Biotechnology/ Biochemistry
Desirable: One year experience in handling molecular techniques, DNA markers and proficiency in software package for genetic diversity analysis.
Rs.25000/- or Rs.12000/- 2016-2019
02 “Selection and Vegetative propagation of superior clones of Red Sanders (Pterocarpus santalinus L.) for mass multiplication and large scale planting” PI: Dr. Maheshwar Hegde, Scientist-E (one)
Essential: 1st Class Master Degree in Botany/Biotechnology/Agriculture/ Forestry/Biochemistry with NET /DBT-BET category-II qualified. or 1st Class Master Degree in Plant Sciences/Biotechnology/ Biochemistry /Agriculture/Forestry.
Desirable: One or two years experience in tissue culture/micropropagation of Forestry Tree Species.
Rs.25000/- orRs.12000/- 2016-2018
03 “Studies on restoration and species recovery in a Red Listed (Globally near Threatened) mangrove Ceriops decandra (Griff.) Ding Hou”. (TNSLURB) PI: Dr. B. Nagarajan, Scientist-F (one)
Essential: 1st Class Master degree in Botany/Plant Science/Forestry.
Age : Upper age limit is 28 years as on 27.04.2016 (Relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST/Women/Physically handicapped and OBC).
Terms and conditions:
1. Only Indian nationals are eligible.
2. The Upper Age limit is 28 for Junior Research Fellows as on 27.04.2016. (Relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST, Women, physically handicapped and OBC candidates).
3. Candidates should submit their application downloaded from the website of this Institute, in person on the date of interview from 09.00 AM to 11.00 AM. Registration process will be closed by 11.00 AM on the date of walk-in-interview.
4. Emoluments: As per project sanction.
5. The position is temporary and co-terminus with the project or earlier depending on the performance of the candidates.
6. Recruitment for the above temporary positions is governed by rules of the Indian Council of Forestry Research & Education and does not guarantee subsequent employment in any Institutes under the Council.
7. Candidates are advised to bring the bio-data duly filled in as per the prescribed format which can be downloaded from the website address http://ifgtb.icfre.gov.in
8. Candidates desirous of attending the walk-in-interview should bring original testimonials on educational qualifications and community certificate for verification. Attested copies of the same are to be attached with the bio-data form while appearing for the interview. Candidates without Provisional Certificate/Degree Certificate awarded by the Universities need not attend the interview.
9. No TA/DA will be paid for participating in the interview. 10. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate. Head of Office IFGTB,Coimbatore-2 No.02/2016-JRF Institute of Forest Genetics and Tree Breeding Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (An autonomous body of Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India) P.B. No. 1061, R.S. Puram, Coimbatore 641 002.